Buy another AGP card, or wait for PCI-Express?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obtruse_Man4

In Runtime
I'm working on a very limited budget right now, but I think I could swing a $200 purchase by getting this . Is it worth upgrading my current 9600XT to a Geforce 6800, or should I wait eight months and upgrade to PCI-Express. The reason why I would have to wait so long is because with my current setup I would have to upgrade the CPU, mobo, and graphics all at the same time. With my current setup (see sig), I know that I am limited by my CPU, but would I see an increase in performance? I am a gamer, and it'd be really nice to play CS: Source and BF2 with higher graphics. Are those games graphic relient so much that this upgrade would really help me, or is my CPU more of a factor than I think? Opinions, suggestions? All are welcome!

actually youre specs are fine, 1gig of ram, 2800XP, i see no problems. Id deffinetley go for a 6800XT AGP card or the newest card for AGP is the 7800GS, and the specs look really quite incredible.. the price oer here is 350euros, so maybe in the states it might be around 380$ not sure, but id say save for the 7800GS and ull be able to play any game u want, since the games depend quite alot on GPU instead of CPU these days.
Hope this helped

in my opinion, your computer is still strong. I would upgrade to a 6800GS or 7800GS, whichever is in your budget. Happy gaming!

Ryan

I agree too, your system looks good to me. If you want higher settings and better performance pick up that 6800 and you'll be set.
In America the 7800GT runs $300-330 btw

Nah, a 6800GS at the most. An XP 2800+ isn't that powerful, and a 7800GS would definitely bottle neck it. But overall I reccomend waiting for PCI-e, since AGP is on it's way out.

Biostar's T-force 4U for socket 939 has a PCI-E slot and a XGP slot which will work with most ATI AGP cards. this will alow you to upgrade to PCI-E in the future. I have this board and it is killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom