Monitor Down, I need a Medic

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
okay boys... title says it all. I need my monitor to come back to life. Sadly, this monitor will be an upgrade my current monitor if it is fixed. If it helps, it is an Envision EN-775e 17" Color CRT monitor. My Dad's work bought these last summer, like 7 or 8 months ago. If I can save it, I'll be upgrading from my crappy little 15" beige Viewsonic Q51 CRT.

The monitor just 'quit' one day on a lady. She turned it on one morning and nothing happened. When I tried to plug it in and see what it does, it turns on. The little green light shows up to let me know that I am getting power AND signal. It turns yellow and goes into 'off mode' when I unplug the cord from the back of the computer. So what I KNOW is that it is getting/recognizing a signal from the computer. The problem is that the screen is dead as a doornail. It doesn't even humor me and flicker on and off.

I don't know much about how the monitor works. I can only guess about these sort of things. Anyone know what part may have just 'gone out' one day?

Ryan

Check the monitor controls...... maybe someone fooled with the settings!
Check the connector for bent/broken pins where it mates with the computer . Maybe someone moved the monitor and stretched the monitor cord!
Check the easy stuff first...... monitors usually show failing symptoms before they die!
John....

So let's pretend that I am certain that things like that are completely healthy. (I am.) Does anyone know about the intracacies of the internal monitor? It looks to me like the shrink-ray used in "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids." I'm not quite sure what all the pieces do.

Ryan

on edit: The settings panel does not come up. As I meant to say before, the screen is showing absolutely no life at all, period.

Sounds to me the lighting tube in the CRT is out. These tubes are the main part of CRT monitors, and most basic TVs. This part is where the phrase "watchin' the tube" comes from.

are you sure your pc isnt in "standby" mode?

it happens all the time to me and it will freeze

i had to reboot to see the green light again and the monitor will start tto show stuff again

No, see, I'm looking for suggestions about internal components. I'm really positive that I know the basic, basic things to look for for trouble shooting. If anyone knows about the components inside that make the thing work, please make a post. I have a suspision that the problem lies between the place that recieves and acknoledges the signal and the place that it notifies the monitor to turn on when this signal is recieved.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom