2GB advice? (sorry, this has been discussed a lot lately)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely. From now on, any High-graphics game that comes out will require you to have 1.5GB of RAM to play. Since 2 x 256MB sticks are pointless (you're getting 2T timings anyways) you have to go straight to 2GB.

You guys are all talking about 7900GTXs to play UT2K7 at High, but at the same time are saying that 1GB of RAM is enough. Well guess what...

Flanker said:
Precisely. From now on, any High-graphics game that comes out will require you to have 1.5GB of RAM to play. Since 2 x 256MB sticks are pointless (you're getting 2T timings anyways) you have to go straight to 2GB.

You guys are all talking about 7900GTXs to play UT2K7 at High, but at the same time are saying that 1GB of RAM is enough. Well guess what...

When is the 7900 coming out? I am trying to hold off from a 7800GT until the 7900 comes out... :D

Oh, and 2gb is worth your while.

PanzerKammander said:
When is the 7900 coming out? I am trying to hold off from a 7800GT until the 7900 comes out... :D

Oh, and 2gb is worth your while.

Good call, as fast as games are advancing, the 7900 will be a much, much better card to have. The 7800 GT will start showing its weaknesses when Oblivion comes out, which isn't that far away.

1gigabyte of ram has been fine for everything I've thrown at it. I can't even run it at dual channel becasue of the board being gay but it still does fine...

It's no so much the bandwidth. You just need a certain amount of ram. Bandwidth helps increase performance, yes, but when you're talking about games like this, more ram is better than ram in dual channel.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom