CPU Upgrade Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sorry but even the 3800+, weakest of the dual cores has more than enough power on one core to max out physics engines etc on modern games, what more can you need. but you're right there really isn't such a thing as "future proof" but by buying a dual core now he will probably save himself having to upgrade sooner in the future

i have a newcastle 3500 and trust me they dont overclock for ****, if anyone here has a san diego 3200 they could probably beat my cpu. In my opinion even though the 3800 x2 isnt future proof it can at least handle multiple programs at once just imagine playing bf2 and unreal tournament on another minimized window lol.

nitestick said:
i'm sorry but even the 3800+, weakest of the dual cores has more than enough power on one core to max out physics engines etc on modern games, what more can you need. but you're right there really isn't such a thing as "future proof" but by buying a dual core now he will probably save himself having to upgrade sooner in the future

The newcastle 3800+ is a single core processor. It is the predecessor to the winchester and venice cores with 512mb of L2 cache.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom