Building a Super Budget PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
Need some help picking the parts for a very low budget PC, all the prices are in NZD (New Zealand Dollars). I have found a good store, that has a online site, and is close by to where I live. They seem to have some good prices. I've found a few things, but I'm not so good figuring out compatibility, so that's what I mainly need a hand on.

Case - http://supercheappc.biz/site/product_info.php?products_id=1234

CPU - http://supercheappc.biz/site/product_info.php?cPath=1_17_58&products_id=156

That's all I found at the mo, I can't seem to find a mobo that is ATX and not Micro-ATX. If someone could help me with the rest of the components, that would be great. I'm trying to keep the total cost under $500. I only need a mobo, 40gb hard drive, cd (or dvd, gotta keep it cheap though) drive, 256mb ram, and a floppy drive.

I've got the OS, and keyboard and mouse all sussed, so that's not a problem. I know it's a hard task sifting through that site, but if there's a kind person out there who'd like to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Just remember that I need to get it all from the site url that I've listed on my other parts.

Tell me what you think about this:

HAIRONG H622 P4 WITHOUT PSU (Black/Silver Front) ATX Case with Front USB
AMD Sempron 2200+ CPU with Heatsink & Fan Retail box
Gigabyte GA-7VT600P-RZ VIA Chipset AMD Motherboard
40GB Seagate Barracuda, 2MB cache , 7200rpm
BENQ DW1640 16X DVD+/-R/RW DL Wirter OEM
256MB DDR PC2100 266MHZ CL2.5 184-pin DIMM
Chicony Standard PS/2 Keyboard ( white color only)
OP-50 Black - Silver OPTICAL MOUSE PS2

HAIRONG H622 P4 WITHOUT PSU (Black/Silver Front) ATX Case with Front USB
AMD Sempron 2200+ CPU with Heatsink & Fan Retail box
Gigabyte GA-7VT600P-RZ VIA Chipset AMD Motherboard
40GB Seagate Barracuda, 2MB cache , 7200rpm
BENQ DW1640 16X DVD+/-R/RW DL Wirter OEM
256MB DDR PC2100 266MHZ CL2.5 184-pin DIMM
Chicony Standard PS/2 Keyboard ( white color only)
OP-50 Black - Silver OPTICAL MOUSE PS2

#1 It needs a PSU
#2 Its good for a Super Budget PC but what will you be planning to do with it? Are you willing to spend a bit more for 512mb Ram?

Yeah, i changed some things, got 512 ram, and the case has a 400w psu already, more than enoguh i think. Im not using it, im selling it to someone.

well i bought the components for my computer (excluding screen) for under 500$... just to give a rough idea of what u can really get if u search for cheap places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom