Pc problems very annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Gootch

TechyBurst
Ok, my friends power supply burned out, it was 300 watts. He went to the PC shop to get a new one, and he got a 400 watt. Now the modem (dialup one) is now dead. He went to the store to get a new one, now it works fine. But now the PC freezes, and does not show the cd rom and cd rom burner. Its not showing in my computer or device manager. But they do have power to them, and the modem (dialup one) is not present. Like its not even connected to the mother board. Now can the issue be power surges? Faulty PSU? And if i restart the pc sometimes it will install the modem and show it and show the cd rom drive and burner. and the modem will work, he will go online and everything is fine. then he would shutdown the pc (correctly) and then the modem is not there again, and the cd rom and burner are not showing. Also with the new PSU at IDLE at the bios system temperature it reads 58-59c then 2 mins later 60-61 then about 5-6 mins 62-63. He has a intel processor 4 3.4ghz. Before the old PSU went dead it ran just fine. Did not get that hot. idle was like 45-50 full load 55-57 or 58. So wut is the issue?

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've gone through thus far.

The first thing that comes to mind when I read what you've written is Motherboard failure. Partly due to the fact that the secondary IDE and PCI slots are working intimitantly, and are both directly attached to the motherbaord. The real crunch question would be, do the modem and cd rom drives stop working at the same time?

As far as cpu temps are concerned, the motherboard may be causing the slight temp rises, or the processor may be damaged from the power supply blow out, but I wouldnt be concerned about those temporatures, intels tend to run hot.

This computer is barley 1 year old, with the old PSU it never ran this hot. And no the modem and the cd roms dont go out at the same time. like the modem would get uninstalled somehow and then i remove it, reboot it installs and shows cd roms and everything is fine till i shut down the pc and boom, no cd rom detected or burner and sometimes the modem is there and sometimes its not. Im thinking the people at the pc shop who put the new PSU in there dident ground themselves and static got in the motherboard, OR they sold me a faulty PSU that is sending the wrong wattage or power surges. But when the CPU gets about 62-63c it freezes. Did not do this BEFORE we took it to the pc shop and before the old psu blew.

Yeah check your motherboards compacitors, Mine recently burned up... but check for enlarged and corroded compacitors that might be what happened

its a 400 watt spartan PSU, ill look at the capacitors today. its 3am atm lol. i cant sleep so im just on here and watching videos :). I never heard of spartan so i dont trust that brand. I dont trust any brand of pc parts that i never heard from. btw i dident buy the psu, a friend did. And the psu is DAM light. I was told (in A+ class) that u can tell which is a good PSU by how much it weighs. If its light is crap, if its heavy its a good psu and will last you. I wont need to look at the PSU because i am taking it back and getting my money back and going to best buy and getting a good duarable psu and putting it in myself then letting some low tech noobie install it. ill look at the capacitors and give u the results.

i had the same problem with what you have experienced except that the computer i have is an old compaq, the cd writer doesn't show up but still have power and it did detect my mouse either even though i have it connected. and after a very long time navigating throught the system using the key board i decided to to a system restore back to a very early time and after it has been restored every thing works the mouse, and cd writer.

Ok results, capacitors are ok. We called the PC shop to turn in the dead PSU and get are money back. we told the OWNER of teh shop wut was happeneing.. it was heating up to 63c the psu doesent work and that the pckeeps freezing and we want are money back. he said NO and the PSU is not dead. and im the computer tech and u dont know wut the **** you are talking about. and ur a dumb lady etc etc. He said this to my friend, SO we got the recipet (spell?) and went to the police department to get a officer to come with us to get are money back. We go there and the cop is like, this is police anyone here? and the owner came out all ****ED and looked like he was gonna jump over the counter. So we got are money back thanks to the police officer. And now we went to BESTBUY and got a 250 watt powersupply.. I come home, install it and reliese THE POWER CONNECTOR to the mobo is to SMALL! lol, so we take it out pack it up and go back to bestbuy. we get another PSU antec 350 watt that has universal plug to the power connector on the motherboard. i install it plug everything in, BARELY FITS. PLug in all the mice keyboard etc... turn it on, everything works wonders... then im like wtf why is the temp going so high? i check psu fan... dam thing aint even running... Come to find out the FAN IS DEAD in a new PSU!!! OMG!!!! im like wtf? . SO i shut it down pack it up and went back to bestbuy got my money back and now we juust gonna order a PSU from HP. So thats wut happened today regarding this dam PSU. :D thanks for ur help anyways. BTW bestbuy is 45mins from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom