I Can't Decide! I Need Your Opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancer player

Baseband Member
Well, I have a choice between a laptop or a desktop. It is not completley necessary for me to have a a laptop, but the ability to go mobile is nice to have and I would take advantage of. What should I go for? I surf the web, type documents, listen to music, store/edit photos, using my iPod, watch DVD's, and watch videos from the internet. I rarely play games. If I do, it is usually low end games like the origianl Roller Coaster Tycoon, board games, ect...

Specs of Desktop

Dell 2400
Pentium 4 2.2 GHz
1 GB DDR Ram
160 GB 7200 RPM HD
Extreme Intergrated Graphics
CD Burner/DVD Drive
Everything else is stock

Specs of Laptop

Sony Vaio FS-500
Intel Pentium M 730 1.6 GHz
512 Mb DDR Ram
60 GB 5400 RPM HD
15.4" WXGA TFT Active Matrix
128 Mb Intel GMA 900 Graphics Processor
DVD Rom Drive

Will the desktop flat out just out perform the laptop or will the laptop have a chance?

Which would you chose if you were in my position?

That laptop has a nice processor in it, but I'd choose the desktop for the pure reason of my strong distaste of using laptops. My blood just boils when I work with the little pieces of garbage.

Ryan

It'd get the laptop, cos to be honest, neither are that great, but I need a laptop. So if you already have a desktop, take the laptop, if you don't, take the desktop.

if portabillity is your bag youll want the laptop,but you get more bang for the buck with a desktop.

I am a desktop lover, but the thing is that if i did the things u did and compared the comp specs. I would have to go with the laptop portabilty is always fun. U cant just stuff ur desktop on a car in along trip and watch movies on it

id definetly go with laptop. It does what you need it to, and it;s there with you. So.... basically what everyone esle said.

Just the choice of those two computers.

I was leaning towards the laptop too.

I can always add more ram if it is not up to par with performance.

Also a CD/DVD burner can be added also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom