Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAYERMAN

Baseband Member
Hi Guys!

I have the above motherboard, It dosen't boot up here's my specs:-

Ga-7vax ultra
Duron 750 (200fsb) It works in my old system
Ati Radeon (peak) 128ddr agp video card (brand new)
256mb ddr pc2100 (266fsb) memory
20gb maxtor diamondmax plus 8 hdd
lite-on 52x32x52 cdrw
54x cd drive

When i power up the system all fans spin up l.e.d's etc but theres no video and no beeps whatsoever, when i take the memory out still no beeps! i know for a fact the cpu works because its out of my old system.

Any ideas guys/girls

Regards
Chris

Have check to make sure if the CPU multiplier and FSB via the dip switches. I am not familiar with that actual board, but i have playied about with other board in the Gigabyte GA-7VA Series.

I have had a experience both resellers and DYI end users calling me up saying that their PC is not booting up. First question is "Are you using a Duron CPU?" then I ask "Is your CPU Multiplier and FSB via the DIP Switches set correntlly?"

Buy default, that series (and other series around that time) came with the FSB set to 100Mhz and CPU multiplier on Auto. So assuming that this is brand new, you should only need to change the FSB to 100Mhz. And it should boot up afterward.

[edit] you sure you got the right motherboard model number there. I am on gigabyte website now, and the only GA-7VA series with the word ultra in them are GA-7VAXP Ultra and GA-7VAXP-A Ultra

Anyways, good luck. I hope this helps.

Yeah the fsb via sw1 is set to 100mhz, the multiplier is set to auto.

The motherboard was bought off ebay with all cables and drivers, the description read it works 100%, ive emailed since infact as i type this and he assures me it works and swears by it.

Regards
Chris

Yeah Silesia its definetly a GA-7VAXP ULTRA Rev 2.1 (my mistake left the P out)

Regards
Chris

Hmmmmm....... strange

Check your power supply then.

Firstly, unplug the power supply from board and parts.
Then hit the on switch a few times.
Then plug the power supply back in.

Or Check your memory.

Theres no beeps coming from the motherboard only strange clicking sounds. (GA-7VAXP ULTRA)

Tried the same cpu in my old system it was out of, and strange enough that dont boot up either, so with that in mind I think the cpu has given up, going to buy another cpu nothing flash just a cheapo just to test, let you know how i go.

Regards
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom