Motherboard Overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

will h4x 4 food

Daemon Poster
hello,
while i was playing guild wars my comp randomly just restarted. i thought maybe it was an overheating issue so i started monitoring my temps while playing and noticed that my mobo was at 52C. i was wondering if this is the prob cause my cpu was at like 48-50C which isnt too bad since i have it OCed to 2.8 stable and graphics card was at the usual 61-67C(ordered an NV silencer). also i was wondering if maybe it was my RAM cause it has been acting up when i got it but stopped after i tweaked it a bit. i lowered the vdimm from 2.7(forgot i had it there) to 2.6 which is the stock. i dont have the ram OCed at all and actually have it underclocked to 187 mhx cause for some reason it doesnt like a 5/6 divider. o yea and plus i have the graphics card right on top of the mobo fan which may cause alot of extra heat and if i move it to the other slot i have a wireless card blocking the airflow to the card.

memory does sound like the culprit with your mobo temps that high. try opening the side of the case and blowing a fan in there see if it does it again. you could also touch the ram sticks and see if they are really hot to the touch. had the same happen to me with kingston ram in my p4 oven :(
P.S. modded the side of my case for 2 80mm fans that i made as intakes and front fan along with rear fan as exhausts and it dropped my mobo temps from 39c to 24c

keeps everything cooler :)

temps on everything went down doing the case mod.
P.S. these tewmps on a sandy 3700 evga 7800 gt and 2 gig xms ram :)

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom