Is this a good deal for a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had already told a few friends about them and they were thinking about buying from them as well. I wil let them know too. Thanks again.

MoMan813 said:
Anymore thoughts, or anyone know of a better deal somewhere else?

You can get this

Dell 8300 dimension with

loaded with FREE UPGRADE to 80Gb 7200rpm Hard drive, Pentium 4 3ghz 800Mhz FSB, 256MB DDR Dual Channel RAM, New 128MB DDR GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card with TV-Out and DVI ,CD-Rom

for $599 with free shipping.

If you need more info I have it here
Dell 8300 Dimension

Or you can get this from HPShopping

HP Pavilion a450y desktop loaded with

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz with Hyper Threading, 512MB DDR RAM, 40GB Hard drive, CD-ROM drive, 64MB NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 w/TV-out ,2 USB 2.0, 1 IEEE 1394 firewire, ArcSoft Showbiz, Integrated 5.1 audio, XP Home, MS Works, 1 year warranty

$526 with free shipping and no tax in most states

More info if you need it
HP a450y desktop deal

Seems like a pretty good deal, but isnt much better then the one I have now. Dont know if I would pay out 500 or more for a computer just a little better then mine now. Thanks though.

I have a Dell.
Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 256MB DDR RAM, 40GB Hard Drive, CD-RW/DVD Drive, 64MB NVIDIA GeForce4 MX440 w/TV-out, 2 USB 2.0, 1 year warranty.

I would suggest just looking through your phone book, local companies offer better tech support then chain stores, but their prices might be a little high. When I bought my comp, I got it relatively cheep. Nearly a thousand dollars less than the dell or hp or compaq equivilant. Dell usually ships without the OEM OS cd, and alot of "bundled" software. But sill, dell has pretty good tech support. My two cents :)

Well I have a Dell and Im not so sure about there tech support. They dont have on site service and they told me on the phone that the only thing my warranty covers is if something goes bad like a hard drive or something, I can send it back to them and they will replace it. Geesh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom