Got my Zalman and Panaflo, let the cooling mods begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein1jo

In Runtime
Well I thought I'd start a new thread rather than finding my old one. I got my Zalman 7000B-ALCU. I was worried it wouldn't fit. I haven't installed it, but it fits. There's about 2mm clearance like I measured, but it fits. As far as the ATX connector, I'll just push it to the side so it comes out from underneath the Zalman. The wires will be touching the heatsink, but what can I do.

I also got my Panaflo. I have it as my exhuast fan. It's wire is too short to reach the system fan power plug so I have it plugged into the CPU fan power plug and and CPU fan plugged into the system fan power plug. I'd like to have it the other way, but can't. I could have the Panaflo as my intake and my other case fan as an exhaust as my other case fan has a 4 pin connector so it's good to go anywhere. It's just that the Panaflo is 39CFM and my other fan is 24CFM so I would think it would be more beneficial to have my Panaflo the exhaust since it can get more hot air out.

I haven't got my round cables or AS5 yet. Once I do then I have all my supplies so I'm gonna install the Zalman and organize the wires.

Comments?.......

Ya, I had a 3 pin splitter/extender thing from my Zalman. I'm not going to use the fan controller so I'm gonna try to make 1 longer wire using the parts I have. If that doesn't work I'm gonna buy another Panaflo and a 3 pin splitter and call it a day. Nothing to do with my current problem, but they're nice fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom