Bad Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i found the one I want...

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PSAS-TA&cat=PWR

if I get that, I get a free football optical mouse with it...

it looks good, but is the hardware any good?

edit:

yea.. I think I'll get that one, it's only about $30(not a big loss if it dies), I get a free optical mouse that looks like a football, and it has a 1 year warrenty...

besides... I didn't really plan on spending to much on my current pc anyway... I'll just build a new one eventually...

thanx everyone

It looks like junk to me.
+12V, 17A
That says it all right there. Minimum is 18A. I know you're stuck on getting a flashy PSU, but for the money you're looking to spend flashy and quality is non existant.

That one looks like junk too. You can tell because its 680 watts but only has 22A on the 12V line. The rest of the amps are on the 3.3 and 5V lines where they'll never be used. Its much easier to make a piece of junk that cranks out on the 3.3 and 5V lines but lacks on the 12V lines and draw people in because its "680 watts". For instance, my power supply is only 460 watts, but it has a 33A 12V line. You are going to need to spend a little money money to ensure that what happened to your old psu doesn't happen to your new one.

I have the Thermaltake one. It's pretty good. That said, it's for my cheap build. It powersa s754 system w/ no problem. I wouldn't buy it for anything that's good. I have a 520watt OCZ ModStream for my new rig I'm building.

cedjunior said:
That one looks like junk too. You can tell because its 680 watts but only has 22A on the 12V line. The rest of the amps are on the 3.3 and 5V lines where they'll never be used. Its much easier to make a piece of junk that cranks out on the 3.3 and 5V lines but lacks on the 12V lines and draw people in because its "680 watts".

I apreciate the info, and will probably use that to find a better psu...

Originally posted by cedjunior For instance, my power supply is only 460 watts, but it has a 33A 12V line. You are going to need to spend a little money money to ensure that what happened to your old psu doesn't happen to your new one. [/B]

my old psu had a lot of life left in it, a power surge was the culprit... we later discovered that all the pc's in the computer lab turned off to... lol

Juice Daddy said:

my old psu had a lot of life left in it, a power surge was the culprit... we later discovered that all the pc's in the computer lab turned off to... lol

But now you see the difference between a quality psu and a junk psu. Yours burned out, while the ones in the computer lab just shut off. The point being that poor quality will not only effect voltage stability, but longevity and durability. Its just happens that they are all connected.

note to self: gateways apparently have good psu's

well... I went ahead and ordered that one from geeks...

I know it probably sucks, but It will last untill I plan to upgrade

and if it does burn out... I can just rma it... $30 isn't a big deal to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom