$2000 Gaming Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vybuni said:
What happened to the Saitek keyboard?

Cut it out to accomodate the retail GPU and 19".

Also, I'll be going with the TruePower 2.0 550W for my PSU, decided not to get the NeoHE.

i like my saitek alot, i dont see a need for the g15. now if i could get my f'ing computer to boot id be enjoying it with battlefield 2, while i am supposed to be doing homework

I love my mom!

Due to the fact this is a "family" computer, I had to run over my part decisions with her (not like she understands any of it) but she said that I could spend a bit extra on the monitor for a Dell 2005FPW because she uses them at work and loves them. I've already bought one of those, about the buy the rig.

Here's the final build that I just ordered. Hopefully it will be here this weekend so I can try it out.

Antec P180
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
Powercolor X1900XT
Antec TruePower 2.0 550W
AMD Opteron 165
G.SKILL 2GB (2x1GB) DDR SDRAM
Samsung Floppy Drive
250GB SATA II 16mb cache Western Digital HDD
Saitek Eclipse Keyboard
Logitech MX518 Mouse
X-Fi ExtremeMusic
Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
Scythe Ninja Heatsink
Dell 2005FPW 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor
2x Xoxide Silent 120mm OEM fans (Rebranded Yate-Loons)

I can't wait to get it!

hope it works out great. Good luck with the build. That ati will fly for sure but im still waiting for the G80s. so are you OCn the opty?

I may in the future, but not right away. I mainly got it because it was cheaper and has the larger L2 cache.

That looks like its gonna be a beast, and for a while too. :D Let us know how things turn out!

Istasi said:
I love my mom!

Due to the fact this is a "family" computer, I had to run over my part decisions with her (not like she understands any of it) but she said that I could spend a bit extra on the monitor for a Dell 2005FPW because she uses them at work and loves them. I've already bought one of those, about the buy the rig.

<==== Shivers and shakes his head

IT's a family computer? oh boy...
that thing will be infested with adware, spyware and viruses in less then a week.... It'll have kazaa, imesh and all that other crap loaded on it... p@rno files poluting every inch of the HDD platters...

I can see it now... "MY FAMILY RUINED OUR NEW PC... HELP. HELP!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom