Cooling fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

StylingPaT

Baseband Member
I have an extra cooling fan that I have on my case window that is centered above my heatsink. I want to make my fan lower so it can be ontop of my video card, so I just screwed in the top of the fan to the bottom of the holes on the window so the fan will be lower. But there will be no holes there for air to be sucked thru from the outside. Will it still operate fine cooling my card or should I put it back above my heatsink?

so .. you have a hole and you out the fan behind the window .....i think it was better higher unless you cut a hole the air can come in ...lol

Well. I put my hand behind the fan and cold air was being blown out of it. Its just I would rather have the fan lower (above the video card) then above my processor because I aready got a huge heat sink fan.

well.. if you think its getting enough air to be effective then keep it but i think you should get a new window for a hole their

hmm. maybe i should let it run for a while, say a couple of hours, and put my hand behind it see if cold air is still coming thru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom