What should I get

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigwojo

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I'm moving my home based business into a building and need to get a GOOD starter system.
The computer should be capable of doing 2D graphics (Corel, etc.) with good speed and also will need a 19" monitor.
Need at least 1G of memory and need at least 250G harddrive space.
I've built my own computers in the past but with so many low-priced systems out there I was wondering if I should jump and get some good deals that are available.
Also, needed is a laptop for when I am on the road for doing the business sales and such.
Remember, money is tight and if it wasn't I would just go out and buy the best system out there and wouldn't need to ask all of you these questions. But, you input is greatly appreciated.
Where would be the best product for the best money. Also I would like it if they offered a monthly payment or a lease program for the merchandise.

Thank you,
Craig

I don't think you will find a prebuilt out there with a 250 GB HD, 1 GB RAM and a 19Inch LCD for "Cheap" Your best bet is to configure it and buy the parts off newegg and zipzoomfly.

This is what Im thinking.

Probably an Intel P4 2.8Ghz (Since you won't be gamming)
Biostar or Gigabyte Motherboard
Fortron 400 Watt PSU
Lite on or Some Cheap CD ROM
250 GB SATA or EIDE ATA 100 HD
Some Cheap ATX Case with case Fans
Cheap PS2 Keyboard
Cheap USB Optical Mouse

As for the labtop, I wold scout out some Dell Deals.

It's really helpful to us if you post your budget.

"Remember, money is tight" more the reason to post a budget.

For all you need, how much can you spend?

No get AMD:there cheaper and run faster all around not only in gaming and Dual Core for sure."21 would be nicer for your buisness.Dont need that great of a laptop just one for doing minimal 512mb of ram would be good.A mobo with intergrated GFX or a better mobo but just a cheap AGP or Pcix16 or even PCi for more of a sever kinda setup.

I'm looking to spend around 1500 to 2500.

Most importantly, where should I buy from? Dell? Off brand?
I can do my own technical repairs so I really don't need the poor services from Dell but they seem to have good pricing. If I bought everything from one place do you think that the company I choose would give a better deal?

Thank you,
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom