Dual vs. Single Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'd rather have the 3000+ and the 7800gt, hands down. It's going to outperform the 3700+ and a 6800gs, hands down. The reason being is that games today don't bog down these high-end processors yet. So, since both processors can completely dominate the applications, you'll want the 7800gt backing it up. As much as I hate to use this word, when you are gaming, the video card is almost always the... the... *sputter*... bottleneck. I'm sorry. I had to say it.

Ryan

I'm the one overexagerating? You clearly cannot use a synthetic benchmark like PCmark to prove a point especially when I'm refering to framerate in games...I know that the FX-57 is faster than the 3000+ but what you fail to realize is that games have little dependency on CPU power and you will not see a significant framerate increase until you bump up your GPU horsepower

You also completely misintrepreted my analogy...you are not going to detect a differenc between 50 and 60 frames per second unless you have a counter like fraps visible...and as I said, the difference between the lowest end of the spectrum and highest end of the spectrum is on average about 10FPS at most

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/28cpu-games.html
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/cpu-games2.html

I'm telling you, put two computers together with identical systems except shove a 3000+ in one and an FX-57 in the other...you are not going to be able to identify which machine uses which chip

And thats what I was saying when I said that Dual Cores would be useless for gaming. Remember that? Video card will bottleneck? But look what happens when the videocard stops bottlenecking;

Can you see a difference between 500fps and 150 fps? No, its humanly impossible with the eye. like Gaara said only with a fps counter like fraps will you see a difference thats irrelevant to gameplay.

I'm telling you, put two computers together with identical systems except shove a 3000+ in one and an FX-57 in the other...you are not going to be able to identify which machine uses which chip
So true.

Its the GFX tech that lets you turn on more settings and up the quality of the game, not so much the processor, yes processor helps but it is SOO much more dependent on the GFX card.

There isn't a huge performance gap between the 6800GS and 7800GT. The 7800GT is a bit better than the 6800U, and the 6800GS can be OC'd beyound the 6800U's performance. I'd definitely go with a 3700+ and 6800GS. If you wait until the G71 is released in a month or two, the 7800GT's should be around $250. They're already around $280!

hello i have a question i have a 4000+ with a asus a8n-sli mobo.could i get a dual x2 and put it in my mobo? im very happy with what i got just woundering is it diffrent boards thank u

wow thank u for answering so fast i thought i could someone told me id have to get new board to do it .like i said not going to but just woundering thanks again

lol, u wont have to upgrade for a while, ur mobo i mean, its one of the top ones, and with ur 4000+, keep it, dont go dual core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom