Windows won't finish start up??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kato76

Solid State Member
I'm haveing a bit of a problem, Windows (XP) is only going to the windows page (the one that has the kight rider bar going back and forth but in blue instead of read) then stops/ Freezes.

As far as I know, (this is an office PC I built) nothing has changed on it except for maybe the addition of Ipod software. Last time I saw it (yesterday) everything was peachy keen until I got the call around 9 last night.

Any Ideas??????

thanks for any help:beard:

when the color changes on the xp screen from red to blue, that means that you upgraded from service pack 1 to 2.

So if i understand you correctly, you upgraded windows xp to service pack 2, and it started freezing, and you also have IPOD software on it?

I did't upgrade the software it's been the software I had on since I built it, it's the OEM version that was purchased through Tiger direct when I cbought the components. and Yes I do beleive there is Ipod software on it.

This isn't my computer I built this machine for my wifes office, it's about a year old has the normal office stuff on there. The only thing that I could think of that was new/different to this machine was the Ipod that is used there as well.

What happens when you just leave it alone for a bit?

iTunes and the iPod software require some tasks to be run at startup, and they are slow even on a fast machine. I've had Windows sit for five minutes sometimes just because of that. I would suspect that on a slower machine the wait time would be longer.

Just keep in mind that the idiotic progress bar at startup is a bogus image that rarely means anything.

I'll have to see I'm stopping by this afternoon to look at it .. but from whatI can tell it seems to be hung up ..

I just talk to the ppl at my wifes office, I don't know why but they said that the computer started this morning with the prompt to start in Safe mood, or with last know configuration .. ?

I seem to remember having this problem when I tried to install a USB Card ( PCI) on my old configuration of my PC ..

It could be the iPod software. There was a vonerability found in it recently. If they didnt update to the newer version of the iTunes it could be the machine got a virus. That would explain the issues with the lock up and the boot with safe mode.

my brother had a similar issue with his ipod, when he left it in the pc, sometime it would boot, sometimes not, it even gave him a blue screen at one point

I think it was the Ipod I got a call about a half an hour ago, they said they booted last night after closing and all was well..
weird .. I told them to Update teh Itunes and nortons

thanks for all the help
J-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom