Im dumb, a total noob and i got some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you cannot reuse the hardrive with the same windows installed then on your dell. The drivers are not the same for your new mobo.

That's right, your not going to be able to load windows. It will give you a blue screen of death because of all the drivers.

hrmmm alrighty then what should i do?

i ordered the dvd burner so ill now be able to burn cd's, should i burn windows? minus the dell mobo stuff? could somebody explain how to do that or point me to a site that can?

i assume i can use the dvd burner with this dell untill i have my new pc all set up, but will that keep me from bein able to use it on the new pc? or will it be ok..

buuut i guess starting with a new clean hard drive will be nice.. i know i've got alot of ******** on this one..

oh yeah, and could i get a site with all the drivers i need? or will the mobo and stuff i ordered come with discs?

thanks guys

just sell ur dell and use that money to buy new pc it would be easier than dealing with halfa$$ed pc half dell half something else(frankenstein) and figuring out why it doesnt work also the cds that came with dell will be useless

im not saying to copy me and get same setup as i do but check out what i got maybe it will give u better idea of what u need and stuff
also checkout the case i really like it cuz of ventilation :)
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91071

also i can almost bet that u will enjoy working with a clean copy of windows more than dell's version filled with useless crapware

yah ur probably right.. even though i don't really like your stuff.. probably cause it's what i've had (intel... ewww, nvidia... ewww, i just personally don't like it cause of my experiances) or the case. but yeah i mite just go ahead and get windows too :*(

reiko_ambrose said:
i decided to do this

sent back the video card and decided to go with this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130256

eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256-P2-N516 Video Card - Retail

also, talkin to a friend, he said 2GB doesnt make much of a difference over 1, so i'll get this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820220037

Patriot Signature Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail

those are compatible right?

if your friend said that then he cant use or build computers because 2gb will run alot faster than 1gb

haha this is odd.
i have the same computer.
yours is a dimension 3000 right.
and i tryed upgrading it, so i bought a new processor, mobo, and vid card and then realized nothing works.

so now i have these parts that i cant send back =(
and i cant rebuild a pc because the parts arent too great.
=(. never try upgrading a dimension dell desktop.

but yeah 2GB will run relatively faster than 1GB, although some have the notion that its no difference.
i think 4GB from 2GB is unecessary but that also makes a difference.

lol yeah.. it sucks, i hate dell.. its loud, slow, and incompatible with everything.. reason for that is so when you want a better PC they want you to buy another dell.. never gonna happen haha

their support is good though, when you can understand it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom