Should I return Radeon 9600 Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooter861

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I ordered a Radeon 9600 XT 256mb and was sent a 9600 Pro 256mb instead. My question is, is the XT that much better to the point where I should bother with returning the pro and getting refunded and then buying the XT from somewhere else? (since the first website I ordered from doesn't have the XT in stock) This whole process will probably take atleast 2 weeks and I just want to know if the XT is worth doing that for, or would the differnce between the two cards not be noticeable enough to go through this hasle?

I guess I should've mentioned that - the XT was $100 with shipping and the Pro is $80 withOUT shipping. But I just want to know, money aside, is the XT that much better?

not especially... I mean, you got ripped, but is it worth the time/trouble and cash to ship it back? It's a personal decision really. The performance isn't a big difference.

Ryan

I have another idea. Send them a dirty e-mail and have them refund you for the difference between the Pro and the XT. They should probably be legally obliged to do that.

Ryan

Ya... I'd say going w/ a 6600 for round $100 would be better... but I think the pro's close to the XT so you can just try to get the difference if you want to keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom