want to oc but having probs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech-n-Training

Beta member
hey all i need help with an oc. my specs are in sig. the only thing that is not listed there is my psu which is a 450 watt. its a cheapy that came with my sunbeam case but has good voltage. heck its running my 6800GS oced. anyway, the problem im having with ocing is that my board doesent want to allow the memory speed in the bios to be changed from 200 to 166 to get a proper stable oc. i can change everything else like the HT frequencey and the voltages for the cpu, ram, etc. but if i try to leave the memory speed at 200 and oc the machine, it doesnt get past post. it doesnt care if i turn the oc up by 1MHz it freezes at post. im a noob at this website and with ocing. but have a decent background on computers in general. can anyone help me out? thanx guys.

Hmmm, even with the cheapest valueram, you should be able to get a 1Mhz OC out of it, lol.

So, what happens if you try to use a divider, ie, RAM set to 166, 133, etc? It doesn't boot with a divider set? It doesn't actually change the RAM freq?

You might want to start by making sure you have the latest BIOS, and flash that if necessary.

Also, make sure you lower the LDT multi before increasing the HTT.

idiotec said:
Hmmm, even with the cheapest valueram, you should be able to get a 1Mhz OC out of it, lol.

So, what happens if you try to use a divider, ie, RAM set to 166, 133, etc? It doesn't boot with a divider set? It doesn't actually change the RAM freq?

You might want to start by making sure you have the latest BIOS, and flash that if necessary.

well like i said im not able to lower the ram at all. its stuck at 200. bios wont let me change it.

i have the latest bios.

i have tried lowering the LDT multi.

I have a friend who has the same board, memory, somewhat the same cpu. he has a amd athlon 64 3000+ winchester. mine is a 3200+ venice.

idiotec said:

is it possible to OC the CPU by raising the HTT alone and leaving the LDT multi alone?
Also what specifically is the LDT multi its confused me and im very confused on what it actually is and how critical it is to OCing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom