Reformatted Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay i think i have some stuff that might help.

Ethernet | Sound? | Video

To answer your other questions:
The MCE might but since they are integrated i doubt it will have drivers needed.
Win ME is older than 2000 and it wont have anything needed for her. A boot disc is just that. It only helps the system to boot. No drivers or anything are included except a generic driver for CD ROM's.

That is what i could find from their site. I hope some of those help. I got them all from here so you can double check for yourself if you wish.

When I click on Download, the page loads real slow and then shows done, with a blank page. ???? Maybe Dell's Server is messed up, I don't know. Thanks for the links, will try later. Greatly Appreciated. I wish I could find her Driver and Utility Resource CD, but know where to be found. Just my luck. Volunteer to reformat her computer for her, Get it reformatted, and still can't get it together.

Well i will say that those Dell pages are slow to load. Even for me. I know that feeling. Happened to me a few times.

all dells come with about 5 blue resource cds i just reformatted my Neighbors which is also a 4 year Old computer and all the drivers were on the dell resource blue cd

not all dells, I can vouch for that, I didnt get them, I didnt get anything...just the drivers were on the c drive

Warez Monster said:
Those drivers were on the Dell harddrive in a folder in c:\.

people are so quick to reformat that they miss this.

Dell, HP and Compaq computers has a C:\drivers folder that contain the driver files in case you need to reformat. copy those file to cd first, then reformat. most people reinstall windows and then notice that they don't have drivers then they have to find them. finding dell driver is a pain as they will have more than one driver on that service tag for a particular piece of hardware

Thanks for the tip. I thought that reformatting XP would be like reformatting my Win Me. I was DEFINITELY WRONG. A lesson to remember. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom