HellFragger

Solid State Member
:(
i assembled a new system with the following
athlon 64 3200+
ASUS A8N-E mobo
XFX GeForce 6600GT 256MB PCIe
2x160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA 1 HDDs
2x512MB Transcend Jet RAM modules (2.5,3,3)
VIP 400W PSU

my problem is that the even after checking and rechecking the connections....the PC does not boot up...it starts but there is no startup beep!!!
also if i try to switch it off by pressing the Power Button for four seconds...only the Power LED goes off and the rest of the system is on...and thats where i loose control of the system because the only way then to switch off the system is to cut off mains power!!
PLZ HELP!!!! :(

First off remove all extra connections on your pc which includes:
Mouse
Speakers
IDE drives
Floppy drive
Sound cards
Any other misc card

Keep your system to a bare minimum.

motherboard
cpu/heatsink
ram
grfx card/intergrated (any)

then try to start up your machine. If still no go, then remove all the ram chip's and try booting then. If still no beeps then you have a big problem. This could be either you cpu (rarely) or motherboard (not so rare)

Try that and let me know.Another cause could be that there is a 4 pin power connector right by the CPU that sometimes gets forgotten. So remember to plug that in!

I would further like to add that i have Revision 2.0 of the mobo and AMD Athlon64 Processor of E4 stepping....is that an issue??

check the jumper settings as a precaution. Especially for the CMOS jumper. **** while your at it, clear the CMOS asnd give that a try, provided it's not on the wrong pins already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom