new ram ..help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate87

Beta member
so i just got another stick of 512 pc133 to go along with the other 512 pc133 stick i have theyre both the same manufacturer and should work together ..but for some reason whenever i put anytype of load on the computer it seems to freeze.. i can leave it at the desktop and it'll be fine ...also if i only put in one or the other it won't freeze it'll run eveyrthing fine...and i know its not overheating because the computer runs at a cool 43C (athlon xp 2000)....

Run memtest86+ on the memory. If anything fails, tehn you have a defective memory stick.

I've ran memtest..no errors.. it still freezes when both are in...i emailed the manufacturer to see if they are compatible and they said they are.... my mothboard is an ECS model K7S5A...im all outta ideas..

Check your motherboard manual and verify the slot configuration you have them in... some motherboards acn be picky about what size/combinations are pluged in where.

k7s5a? That board is well over 4 years old. Anyone know how much ram it can support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom