Getting Minus FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yisthis

Baseband Member
i Play a game called Americas army

i just upgraded alot of my system. inc Graphics card.

when playing ingame i run th FPS command (frames persecond) and with my old card i would see around 50-65 FPS

but now after i got my new card and i run the same command i see im getting and average of -30 FPS..i dont see much difference in performence really. perhaps the odd lag spike when playing on USA servers (im in UK) but thats about it. so i ran FRAPS and it was coming out at like 80FPS, so i didnt know if it was a glitch in game or what..

now yesterday i run the ingame command and see im hitting 180-200 FPS :confused: im like ok .. wth is going on. and later again lastnight i was running at about -10FPS.

can anyone please help!?!?? :D

old= ati 9800 pro (AGP)
new= ati x800 GTO 2 (PCI-E)

well ive gone to the ATI website and donwloaded some stuff. :p

i notice one thing.. when going into the display settings with my old card it used to have lots of tabs ..tons of stuff about the card.. bal abl. but that is missing this time around. i wasnt sure if that was because something wasnt installed. i'll go back and take everything off in terms of ATI stuff. and start kind of from scratch.

well as i said i dont seem to see too much of a change in performance wether its showing as a minus of a plus FPS score. its the just the principle of it being all messed up and not staying at a stable reading. perhaps there is something missing in the drivers required. i'll have to roll back things and try to pay attention when installing this time. :p

Sooo........negative FPS..........game must be running in reverse? :) Unistall all the ATI drivers, clean the registry. Reinstall video drivers. Unistall America's Army and reinstal. shoud be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom