Most Obscure Error Message Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

star_topology

In Runtime
When attempting to create a new user in my Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, I am greeted with the most obscure error message I've ever encountered:

"An Error Occurred. Please Contact your Administrator."

Where's the details on my error? Even though it would probably be gibberish to me, it seems that this message is a bit vague, to say the least.

The only thing I can think of is that the directory is getting full, we have 800+ users created on one server, each with roaming profiles (which have limited space on them). Might this be the problem?

"I wouldnt think so. Im gonna see how many we have on your server"

Surely you mean "our" server, as in "your" server. Unless you planned on hacking into our stuff. :p

Anyway, I e-mailed microsoft's tech-support and got the "You'll have to call Microsoft's IT Pro Team" response, as I expected. Yeah, that'll go well I'm sure...

Someone else help me! :p

This is one of those errors that never seem to be what you think it is. I have had these a few times in XP. I am sitting there going "Huh? I am the Admin." It does sound as if your Directory is getting full. Either that or you are hitting the limit for accounts in the OS itself. Maybe there is a cap on how many users you can create? Just a thought.

Well, have you checked Event Viewer?

Try to do what you did to get the error, note the time, and then go into Event viewer; it ought to be a bit more descriptive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom