Dual vs. Single Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how you just take over my thread Justin. Someone go ahead and close this thread, I have my answer.

thats not very nice.....

OCing can be done by any opty or X2 andthere are several guides on how to do this but currently these are top of the line and don't really need to be OC'd with todays standards it's really for more of a bragging right.

No, it's mainly to get a faster PC... If I go buy a 1.8 ghz opteron and OC it to 2.6 I'll notice a difference.

? Flanker what are you talking about? You dont see a performance increase going from a 3000 to a fx-60. You just dont. Go look at some benches and u will see that it dont. I said this in a thread. When comparing high end amd fx-60 with low end amd 3000 you wont see a difference in "gaming". Looking a benches u see that you will get a 5-10 fps in high perfomance games like Doom BF2 and HL2. You will also see a 10-30 fps increase in lower games like far cry and older games. I f u notice in the benches in thoses older games it doesn't matter wether you use a amd f-60 or amd 1400 the game will run above 60 fps. In conclusion a amd 3000 can keep up with amd fx-60 in "games".

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=260&model2=238&chart=70

efd753 said:
? Flanker what are you talking about? You dont see a performance increase going from a 3000 to a fx-60. You just dont. Go look at some benches and u will see that it dont. I said this in a thread. When comparing high end amd fx-60 with low end amd 3000 you wont see a difference in "gaming". Looking a benches u see that you will get a 5-10 fps in high perfomance games like Doom BF2 and HL2. You will also see a 10-30 fps increase in lower games like far cry and older games. I f u notice in the benches in thoses older games it doesn't matter wether you use a amd f-60 or amd 1400 the game will run above 60 fps. In conclusion a amd 3000 can keep up with amd fx-60 in "games".

http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html?modelx=33&model1=260&model2=238&chart=70

TGH can [removed], and any idiot with half a brain will see that the videocard is bottlenecking in that test.

hmm didnt look at it that way. the top video card out at the time bottlenecking the test? well still it doesnt matter wether u have a amd 3000 or amd fx-60 they will run about the same.

Well for the record, I don't notice much of a difference between my 3700+ at 2.2 ghz and at 2.8 ghz...other than Windows loads about 3-4 seconds faster, and BF2 loads a few seconds faster. ..no difference in gameplay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom