AMD'S new chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
What...? No, you're not supposed to overclock in increments of 200MHz OR 333MHz.

You have a Mac, so I wouldn't expect you to know overclocking. But anyone thats ever overclocked will not be happy. Its not going to be harder, just a pain in the ***. Kind of like Intel overclocking.
Why would it be harder? All you would need to do is use a memory divider and a lower multiplier.

I don't know much about IDE or SATA, but if the HD standard used to be IDE, and is now SATA, then I guess they could do that. It's probably because this bandwith is not yet needed, but that's just my guess.

Its not going to be harder, just a pain in the ***. Kind of like Intel overclocking.
Why would you think that'll make OC'ing more difficult? Do you have a hard time multipling 3's? :eek: Like Intel overclocking? :freak:

you don't overclock in increments of 200 or 333MHZ. you start from 200 or 333MHZ (depending if you have socket 939 or AM2)

the reason it is being changed to 333MHZ is because of DDR2 anyway

003 said:
Why would it be harder? All you would need to do is use a memory divider and a lower multiplier.

Why would you need to use a memory divider? DDR2-666 = What M2 will use = 333MHz.

idiotec said:
Why would you think that'll make OC'ing more difficult? Do you have a hard time multipling 3's? :eek: Like Intel overclocking? :freak:

I like the simple 200-and-up method more than 333-and-up.

Again, not difficult. I never said it would become difficult, calculating from and going up from 333 isn't difficult, its just a pain in the ***. No more 5-second overclocking computations...

Now where's that calculator of mine...

I am not understanding why it's going to be any harder to OC. :confused: The HTT will be 333 instead of 200 to support the DDR2 RAM. How does that make OCing more of a pain in the ***?

sickness said:
Anyone know why that PCI slot is a different color than the other two. I like the 6 SATA ports too. Hopefully they'll start making SATA CD/DVD-RW drives.
They do.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827131351

Not worth the money, in my opinion. I'll stick to my $40 NEC and take the little extra clutter of the IDE's.

NeedAcpu said:
Ugggh odd numbers. Great whats the processor speeds gonna be like 2.583745?

Exactly. I hate dealing with 333 compared to 200.

You guys are making a big deal out of this, its just a personal preference. Are you telling me that you actually prefer to deal with 333 over 200?

Flanker said:
What M2 will use = 333MHz.
It's called a multiplier. Instead of being 11 or 12 like now, it will probably drop to somewhere around 7 or 8.

Maybe you mean it will be harder because its such an odd number like 333 instead of 200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom