Dual vs. Single Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really depends if a game utilizes both cores ... newer games in the future will, and even some recent games are releasing patches to support dual-core. Besides those exceptions in gaming I just mentioned, everything else will benefit from dual-core.

Well, I mostly play BF2. I'll be on Oblivion when it comes out, which does support dual core if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure they'll be a 64-bit patch for BF2 one of these days.

^ lol, gaara is always so smart, listen to him and you'll be happy.

so one question, wen everybody says games in future r gooing to be dual core, does this mean that new processors starting from now on are all going to be dual core, so single core processors are going to be obselete soon? and is EVERY SINGLE GAME actually going to be dual core from now on?

I doubt every single game will support dual core and dual core only. I'm sure most will be compatiable with dual core, but made for single core.

Dude...theres atleast a 30% difference in the performance of AMD's top and bottom Athlon 64 offerings, and thats not counting how a FX-60 would perform in a Dual Core game...Its definately worth it to go with a 3700+ compared to a 3000+...

Indeed Dual the way to go but my writing already says that. Gaara makes an interesting point that I don't think has been made yet though what is the only processor that will actually get better over time and not degrade in performance it's dual core of course as everything migrates over.

Yea, that "Interesting point" was conjured up by his overactive imagination. Everybody knows the performance difference between processors exists.

Thats like saying that if you didn't have a speedometer you wouldn't notice the differences between how fast cars were.

yea. im planning to get the opteron 165, but i duno how to oc, you think if i bring my pc to a computer store and pay them to oc, u think they will? LOL thas a silly question but just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom