A Few questions on case modding =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

loopholes202

Baseband Member
Ok, im basically modding a case, well most of it anyways.

First, im cutting out the whole center, to overhaul it

1. What would you suggest cutting it? Aluminum...

2. Will welds damage the cords, provided I protect them prior to do this, or should I just remove the whole thing?

3. Do people often buy modded cases? Cause I may do a few of these if some people want them.

And finally, when painting, what paint do you suggest using? High quality, nothing that will scrape off, just good stuff.

your better off buying a new case mate it is a lot easier and they are quite cheap and eay to change over

Use autobody spray-paint from a car parts store. You will need to use Primer, Paint, then Clear coat(if you want it shinny)

I use auto-paint on mine. As far as what to cut it with... The possibilities are endless. You can use a jigsaw, holesaw, plasma cutter... Anything really. But if you're using something with a blade, tape off your cut as to reduce jagged edges and flaked paint. Then make sure you're using a METAL blade.

Do you have an aluminum welder?

Ryan

for paint use high quality enamel paint, like the kind used for models, get a glossy and put 2 coats on after you prime it then clear coat it twice as well, then a third for that extra pretection for those oh so horrible dings and scratches

u best off buying a cheap case, NEVER go over $60-70 because it is very easy to stuff up. As far as cutting a design on the side pannels go save sum cash and get them laser cut, its the cleanest way to do that and its 100% accurate to the design. If your painting plastic, the most cost effective way is to use a Vynil and upholstery die/spray. If your painting steel; use a 2-pac enamel. What theme of MOD where you going for??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom