What is good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet, that cleared things up a bit. At least now I know. I know that all the PC's we did graphics on we used Intel, So i guess I can see why. And for that reason I just always used an Intel processor.

Thanks Flanker!

No prob. The reason most people don't know about AMD (I had no idea AMD existed about this time a year ago) is because they BARELY EVER advertise. I have NEVER seen an AMD commercial on TV. Intel, on the other hand, is an advertising whore. Theres an Intel commercial like ever 5 minutes. Instead of spending money on Advertising, AMD takes that money and uses it to create better processors.

Also, the reason so many school computers, and basically large amounts of computers are Intel is because Intel is so big and so rich. Again, Intel owns like 80%+ of the processor market. Its mainly because of makers like DELL, and Compaq, and some HP (thought HP sells AMDs). Most people buy Dells or something, and all dells have Intels in them, so that money goes to Intel. Intel can then use that money to sponsor schools or whatever. And thats why you always have to use Intel processors in school.

BUT :) MOST even half-serious gamers (thats 50%+) have AMD CPUs, so don't get left behind.

No prob. The reason most people don't know about AMD (I had no idea AMD existed about this time a year ago) is because they BARELY EVER advertise. I have NEVER seen an AMD commercial on TV. Intel, on the other hand, is an advertising whore. Theres an Intel commercial like ever 5 minutes. Instead of spending money on Advertising, AMD takes that money and uses it to create better processors.

Tell me about it! And AMD joined the market shortly after Intel, which was over two or three decades ago. I never heard of AMD until I got into computer hardware a year ago too.

Unknown Envy said:
flanker why did You compair me to mike jackson....im confused...did I say somthing?

Lol, I didn't mean any offense. I just wanted to add something completely unrelated to Intel and AMD, and Michael Jackson came then mind. Then I just went on a search for a name, and saw yours :) No offense intended, just some dark humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom