buy now 4 future build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRreed

In Runtime
sorry for the typical "buy or wait" thread.
im going to build a gaming rig in the near future, {within a year}
my prob is, i suck at saving money :(
im going to mod the case myself so i figure that would be a good place to start.
if i buy the case, then i have to finish the build or i just wasted time and money.
so i figure to start, ill get a case, and psu.
hard drive, dvd drive,fans, ect....
as far as mobo/cpu, im going w/ a 939 , and dual core
is this safe for now, or is this something i should wait on.
same w/ ram.. ddr2 is the newest right, can i get this now or wait

im going to wait on graphx till im ready to finish.

build total should be around $1000 usd
so i guess im just looking for suggestions on what you would do in my place
thanks for the help

What hardware do you already have that you are planning on using in your next build? And see if you can stretch your budget to around $1200.

none,
im keeping this one for media, and internet use
im gonna need to get a new lcd
so money will be tight, unless i get a big tax refund :)

If you buy stuff now, but end up putting the system together later, when you actually put it together the prices will be cheaper than when you bought it, so it's really the the most cost-effective idea.

First things first. You need to suck it up and save your money. You're going to screw yourself over if you don't buy everything at once.

What I would do, say I had the $$$ for the processor I wanted. Instead of buying that processor, put the amount of money the processor costs into savings and scratch processor off your list of needed parts. Next say I have the $$$ for the mobo, put it away instead of buy it, and then scratch the mobo off the list of needed parts. Everytime you have enough money for the next part, put the money aside instead of buying the part and take it off your list. By the time you put away enough money for everything on the list, your money will buy a lot more than what you originally thought you could get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom