PhysX Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a GPU its a Physics card that goes in the PCI slot I belive, Kinda like a sound card.. dont worry , your 7800 gt is a perfectly fine card....for now...

Unknown Envy said:
Does it seem like a good investment for future games?

Definately, Dual Core or not. Just to have the realistic physics would be a godsend, not to mention the performance increase.

reggie_da_man said:
Is it like an add on to your primary display card. Why the **** are they putting it in a PCI slot?

Its a seperate card. And why the **** would they not put it in a PCI slot? Whats wrong with that? The X-Fi sound cards go into the PCI slot, and look what they've done.

Rather, why would you want to put it in a PCI-E slot? Those with one PCI-E slot have a videocard in it, those with 2 PCI-E slots need both of them to SLI (which is why they bought the motherboard), and those with AGP don't have PCI-E slots.

hmm...But what about half life 2....It already has good physics...can they get better? and second PCI was my guess....Seems like the best place to put it in..

The PhysX physics make Half-Life 2 look like Pong.

You have the link, go watch those videos and tell me HL2 can do that.

Flanker said:
The PhysX physics make Half-Life 2 look like Pong.

You have the link, go watch those videos and tell me HL2 can do that.

Half Life 2 isn't THAT good, but it sure comes close. Every time I play HL2, i am amazed by the physics. I doubt this will help unless the game is designed for AGIEA though.

True....But think of what this could do to F.E.A.R I mean you could play with awsome graphics and not have like 10 fps!! so basically this is a awsome fps booster...:):) im def buying

It should go in a PCIe x1 slot, not a PCIex16 slot lol.

I think its stupid, I'm very happy with my gaming performance, I'm not going to buy a $250 GAMING ENHANCER. If this thign only improves gaming performances then this is probably the worst cost:performance ratio computer item on the market. What about scientific programs? Does it improve graphic rendering?

I'm not spending that much money just so I can get 40+fps on SUPPORTED games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom