XFX 6800GS Pipes Unlocked!!!! Hurray!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On second look this is the thread where the guy unlocked his pipes lol. There where 2 threads goin on bout the GS and im getting them confused. K im gonna go work on my car cause i wont get that confused. **** PCs.
And how will the GT whoop a unlocked GS badly when they're both the same clockspeed and they have the same # of pipes?
Uhh hello, you where talking about an AGP 6800GS and a PCI-E 6800GT. You may be able to unlock it but the OCing potential just isnt there like the PCI-E GS. So yea they may be the same after you UNLOCKED it and OCed it but thats the same to the stock GT. You OC the GT and then bam, what do you got? Ownage.:rolleyes: At least i didnt make an idiot outa myself on that one.:angry:

PP, the AGP 6800GS runs at the same speeds as the 6800GT. 350/1000. So unlocking the pipes makes it equivalent alone, no overclocking is needed. I believe the AGP GS is on the exact same core as the 6800GT, so the overclocking potential should be the same.

In fact, eVGA now has an AGP 6800GS that runs at 400/1100, faster than a stock 6800GT.

You also have factory OCed GTs as well from eVGA's site. What am i doing? The original is the best!! DONT DEFY IT OR SATAN WILL EAT YOUR NIPPLES!!! :p :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom