DFI or MSI for a first-timer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Istasi

Baseband Member
Alright guys, I'm going to be assembling my first computer within the next month or so, and as I've read reviews for motherboards and looked around on various forums, it seems as if most people recommend either DFI or MSI.

Here's the question that I've had since I began this research. Many say that the DFI boards (I'm looking at the nF4 Ultra-D) are not for beginners. Is this true? If so, why?

Also, the two mobo's that are at the top of my list at the moment would be the DFI UT nForce 4 Ultra-D and the MSI K8N neo4 Platinum. Which one would be more ideal for a beginner? I may do some mild overclocking in the future, but it's not really at the top of my list.

I think DFI's have tons of options that could confuse a beginner? If you're not that serious about overclocking, you might as well save a few bucks and go with the MSI, which is still great for overclocking anyway.

Ya, I'm going w/ the Neo4 plat. It fits my needs better... and it's sopposed to be able to OC pretty well.

Alright, thanks for the info guys. Looks like I'll be going for the Neo4 Platinum.

They are both very nice boards. I would go with the MSI. It's a very straight forward bios and it has a decent manual to boot.

I think the MSI is better if your building a computer with slim knowledge, and no intentions of OCing. If you have an ample education of computer hardware and a desire to OC now or later, DFI is the way to go.

I dunno... 50 bucks is a total dealbreaker for a guy like me. The MSI K8N Neo4-F is by no means SLIM in overclocking features.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom