PhysX Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...ill probably wait a while on this just to see if its really worth getting. I know UT2007 is going to support it.

Yeah cuase if its a 100 dollars or more I might ditch the soundcard, I mean this looks very nice and if games start using this I would def but it...looks nice in the videos too :D

I think it is susposed to start at $200 with the lowest model and $250 for the better model. I don't remember exactly though.

The hardware is ready for the PhysX card, but Ageia is waiting for some of the studios to finish their games before releasing the PhysX card. No point in having a PPU without anything to use it on.

The scheduled date of release is sometime February, 2006 (thats now :)). I believe Asus and BFG are going to be the exclusive makers of the cards, atleast for a while.

This thing frees up the CPU, BIG TIME. As in, if you're getting 10FPS on a Physics-enabled game, this PPU will let you have 50FPS.

No idea how much it'll cost, but I doubt it'll be less than $200.

I doubt that, new things usually start off selling for more money than the MSRP.

Yeah but if it frees up so much cpu space will it make a much more bigger impact on single users more then dual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom