xp or 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

sales1

Baseband Member
right i have a pc with windows 98 and i can get the disk for xp i was wondering if the would be do able or not

Sure can but it will probably be slow as ****, what are the specs? I would say go to 2000 pro

thanks what will i need to get xp then i have 256 ram what do i need as i am upgrading the pc soon if i know i can buy the right gear in the first place and not waste my money

256MB of RAM meets the requirements. But in my personal opinion i would not run XP on 256MB of ram. But yes thats enough technically but again i love to run programmes such as Adobe Photoshop CS so i like lots of RAM.

To install Windows XP 'Home' (or 'Pro' Edition) onto your new PC, it will need to meet the following specification:

PC with 300 megahertz (MHz) or higher processor clock speed recommended; 233-MHz minimum required;
(Intel Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended)
128 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher recommended
(64 MB minimum supported; may limit performance and some features)
1.5 Gigabyte (GB) of available hard disk space
Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher resolution video adapter and monitor
CD-ROM or DVD drive
Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

sales1 said:
thanks what will i need to get xp then i have 256 ram what do i need as i am upgrading the pc soon if i know i can buy the right gear in the first place and not waste my money

It'll run ok if you slim it down and turn the pretty features off.

right thanks so i could do with some more ram and my celron processor will do the job

My girlfriend ran XP on her computer with 256Mb of ram right up until a month ago. She only had problems when she has a ton of programs running.

right i am going to get some more ram soon so i will get xp installed as soon as i can thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom