Dad's an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol... that reminds me... When Diablo 2 came out back in the day, I had the special edition pre-ordered....

I ran it for about 2 months on a Pentium 133, 72 Megs of ram... integraded video.... SURE, I only got 8 - 12 fps, but it was still playable.... that was WAAAAAAYY back. lol

003 said:
You have to remember, that most of the players that targeted to buy UT2007 will buy it for the PS3. Yes you can run it on a 7800GT. No questions about it. But look at FEAR for example. Try running it at 1280x1024 with 2xAA, 4xAF and soft shadows on and get back to us on how it runs -- if it even runs at all. UT2007 will be even more intensive than FEAR, so it is only logical to assume that it will also run slower than FEAR with the eye candy enabled.

Most of the mainstream players of UT2007 will play it on consoles. The PC version with all the eye candy will be a reward for only those with the highest end PCs. Everybody with a semi-decent graphics card will have the option to play it on low settings though, which is supposed to look similar to UT2004.

beedubaya said:
Which is supposed to look similar to UT2004.

I'm not even going to talk about the graphics crap because thats getting old, but what you said above, total BS.

Why would a 2006 game look like a 2003 game? UT2K4 looks like crap compared to today's games. Now if a 7800GTX can max out a beautiful game like Battlefield 2 (and then some), then you will be able to play UT2K7 at better than Battlefield 2 graphics, on a 7800GTX...minimum graphics or not, UT2K7 is going to be beautiful on a 6800GS.

UT2007 arguments have grown old and I for one am sick of them, they seem to come up every other day and involve the same parties bickering at each other over an opinionated question that doesn't have a definite black and white answer and certainly won't until the game itself actually surfaces

There have been dozens of topics arguing over this trivial issue and every time it's the same stuff beat over and over and over again, and what makes the issue even worse is that it leaks into other seemingly harmless topics and plagues them

Many of us suprisingly visit these forums to try and learn a thing or two and don't particularily care to see petty feuds spilling this way and that way, and despite what many may believe there is more to hardware than one non-existant engine. I will echo a comment I made when these topics first became problematic and will hope that this time it has some impact

Point being, this forum is what you make of it...if you want to run around in circles and argue about trivial stuff that doesn't have a definite answer and won't for another year...go ahead...I would personally hope there is still more to this place than that

Have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom