Floppy Drive Necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont need em'. I cant really think of many valid reasons to have one. I've seen crappy hardware come with drivers on a floppy disk, but if youre using XP you're more than likely to find the drivers on the system or online.

Overall, you dont need one.

hmmm... answer this question if you think its useless. How often have you seen someone with a cdrom problem trying to install the windows o/s only to find out the only way to save it was via a floppy. Happens from time to time, not often but enough to warrant the pitiful price it costs to have one. Say there is a configuration problem and the particular model cd drive you have isn't compatible. Solution? Run to a friends house (assuming you're trying to install an os and can't do it from you current system and don't have a second computer) or the library and download/save a bios flash! Your new bios solved compatability issues that you had once before and now everything works fine. Also, say these new blue ray tech requires a bios update, or maybe even an update to the mbd chipset driver (like the old MBD, you use to have to install the PIIX drivers FIRST before anything worked). Lets put it like this. Will you ever need to use it? Dunno, good chance the answer is no. Are you gonna bitc_ and whine if something DID happen and now its become a pain in the butt to trouble shoot because you suddenly find youself in need of a floppy? If the scenario happens, then yes... as much as anyone would. Get a floppy. Its dirt cheap and solves the "what if's" that can occur. Or dont, and possibly never have a problem OR think to yourself "why the **** didn't I just get a floppy to begin with?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom