Help Me Build the Best $1200 Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
i truely don't see all the hype about the m2 the only diffrence will be the ddr2 ram other than that im just glad its coming out to make the socket 939 stuff cheaper and a 1600gt are you sure or do you mean a 6600gt

SomeIranianKid said:
i truely don't see all the hype about the m2 the only diffrence will be the ddr2 ram other than that im just glad its coming out to make the socket 939 stuff cheaper

well said my friend...also with the g71 and g80's comin out, every card will be cheaper...the only problem with that is, is that when newer games come out the vid cards wont be running good frame rates at high res.

well theres plenty of time before that stuff comes down to reasonable prices anyway. Its not released yet and things will take some time to cool off. I think we're in good shape though. A new pc would be cheap to build after this stuff comes out, (maybe you could afford it right then and there to insure life to your new pc, maybe not), but things are going to get cheap in $$$ and you could still build a great system for the next year while prices on new tech drop. The thing is, new things come out every year, which drives prices down. So trying to jump on the G71 AM2 bandwagon might be a waste of time. AM2 wont last forever. Its just new technology. Trying to beat the system doesn't really work....overall, take the price cut and lets get the word "future-proof" out of our vocabulary, because there really is no such thing.

also, amd still makes processors that are a couple years old, same with motherboard socket types...both those things tell me that 939 isn't going anywhere anytime soon

I think I am gonna wait till a little after the AM2 chip's come out because the new video cards will be out for a while then and the 7800 should be really cheap.Plus I have to save up for this thing. The new video cards are coming out in March and the AM2 in mid year like June, July right?

Advantages of AM2:

-DDR2 memory
-Lower maximum thermal dissipation
-Future-proof for at least 3 years
-Hardly more expensive than Socket 939

There really aren't that many advantages compared to Socket 939, but if you want to stay on the cutting edge, and are looking to build a computer soon, I think your better off waiting a few months so you can save money in the future.

Well waiting for them regardless i good idea yes...but we will only really know when it comes out. Hopefully there will be good deals all around...

Opteron 165 ... The Opteron 165 is basically the same as the 3800 X2 except more solid and can be OC'd a **** lot more. In return you pay an extra $10-20, but it's definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom