NV silencer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
ive got NV silencer 6 for my 6600GT. Problem i had when i put it on was my graphics card came with the fanless heatsink so had no connector on the board for the cooler to pug onto. So Ive ended up hardwiring it to the psu molex wires.

My problem is that it only works when the red wire from the cooler is connected to the yellow 12v wire on the molex and the black wire to black wire the same. Thing is though i feel the way the air is been moved and its as if the cooler is pushing air out, ie bringing it in from the outside of the case through the heatsink and out of the cooler inside the case. I expected it to be the other way :confused: So i switched them round and the fan just doesnt start :confused: :confused:

is everyones like that or is it just me?

so its taking air from outside the case and bringit it in? i think its suppposed to take hot air from the inside of the case and exhaust it out

thats very odd, never heard of this before, the whole point of the cooler is supposed to exhaust warm air out of your case.

It should blow the air out the back of the case. I think there was some sort of QC problem where some of the NV Silencer 6's spun backwards. You could RMA it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom