x-fi=better fps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The X-Fi Xtreme Music is the only X-Fi worth the money, unless you play with music a lot.

Unless you actually experienced with the X-Fi you can't say it's not much better then normal sound cards, unless you heard it on crappy speakers (on games that have EAX 5.0 support) . It is very noticalbe with headphones. And the fact that it is the only sound cards that have EAX 5.0 support I say it's worth it.

The X-fi has 24 times more processing power then the Audigy 2 ZS series. It also has the processing power equivelent of a P4 3.2Ghz CPU. It turns out over 10,000 MIPS. It's a very powerful audio processor.

The most noticable thing to me is the ability to enable up to 128 voices in a supporting game. BF2 & Quake 4 both support 128 voices with x-fi. I don't have quake 4 but I do have BF2 and the difference is substancial (Enabled vs. Disabled).

The mulitude of sound variety during game play is jaw dropping. Everytime I play I always hear a new sound that i've never heard before. It's really impressive. For example: If you are crawling through grass... you can hear that rustling sound. But as you pass through a bush, the rustling sound changes noticably. yet you can still hear the grass. Birds fly off and you can hear a variety of sounds from the birds. Not just one standard flock sound taking off. There are a variation in tones (high & low).

After you've played BF2 enough, you can actually start to tell what gun a player is firing just by the sound. And with x-fi if there are 10 guns firing all at once, you can hear each of those guns distinctly.

Overall - i'm glad I bought this card. I'm praying that other games choose to support it. Most of all UT2007 must use this... Or i'll kick someone's butt..

At this point it isn't about the resources it saves, it just plain sounds kick ***. All of the software options with it are amazing as well, effects for anything and even audio creation mode is sweet.

I have the most basic version too.

Overall - i'm glad I bought this card. I'm praying that other games choose to support it. Most of all UT2007 must use this... Or i'll kick someone's butt..
I will be right there w/ you!! Im going to get one of the X-FI cards as soon as i stop spending money on cars and i get the 7800GS. It better be **** well worth it.

I've got an Extreme Music myself I always thought it had 64 megs of RAM but someone said it didn't so what is it using 32 megs? Regardless it does sound great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom