9800 Pro. Which memory do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0dge

Hiphopapotamus.
I'm looking at flashing my 9800 pro to an XT, but to d/l the correct BIOS i need to know whether I have Samsung or Hynix Memory chips. Usually I'd just look at the chips, but it's a HIS Arctic cooled card and they're covered with heatsinks.

Anyone know of a program that'll tell me, or do i have to wrench one of those 'sinks off?

Any help would be good,
Cheers guys.

I'd take off those heatsinks. Those things are more like insulators with the little sticky pad they use... Virtually worthless.

Ryan

The sinks seem pretty well superglued in place, didn't want to risk pulling any harder case i broke the card.

Also, i've now read that if it has an R350 core, it really can't be flashed to an XT, but i've also read about peeps doing it anyway and it being fine. Which is true?

your best bet is to take out the heatsink and look at the core and memory. i had a 9800 pro and ati tool said that i have an R350 core but it was actually an R360 when i replace the heatsink.

If you have a 9800pro bios obviously its going to say R350 core because thats the core a 9800pro is supposed to have, if you look under it and its an R360 core you flash it to a 9800XT Its going to say R360 :)

You have memory on the back of the card also so you can look there?

There's heatsinks on both sides of the ram. Anyone got any experience taking those glued-on 'sinks off?

I'll take the main heatsink off and see if it's got the 360 core.

I just pulled mine off. They're snug, but once you give it just enough pressure, POP. They cleanly come right off. I just took mine off of my Asus X700 when I RMA'ed it.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom