Building a new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
to bad you got a 754 socket cause ill tell ya my asrock 939 rocks, and with the future technolodgy slot i can upgrade to socket 940 comes with agp and pcie onboard 8 channel sound and holds upto 4 gigs of ddr ram. and the board is only 65.00 dollars at mwave.com, and it overclocks great. i had a 3500 cpu 2.2 gig oced it to 2.7 gig, and that was with cheap ram. they say the dfi-sli board is the best for ocing, and like you im a gamer, but the asrock fit my budget better and is exactly what i need at the moment. well take care and let me know what new board you get, and yes i think for you right now onboard graphics is a smart move. dgorner

I just ordered my new motherboard and it works just fine. Now when I put in my new hard drive, it's need a disk to load up the drivers for my hard drive. But that's not the issue I have now because I have two hard drive.

I put in my old hard drive and hoping to format that drive. But when I ran it, it regularly ran WinXP like if it was on my old computer with all of my old setting from my previous motherboard. So does anyone know how to format the hard drive manually because my computer will bypass the CD Boot from the WinXP when I put in the CD. Unless that is the only way. Usually it gives me a couple of seconds to see if I want to load XP.

and if you are you did set it up in your bios to boot from cd first right?, and you do have your product key right?, because that is the only way i know. so what new board did you get?

Yeah, I thought that is the only way too. I use to remember an old MS-DOS way of formating a computer, but who uses that anymore.
So I have two hard drives, one has nothing and the other has my old computer setting. When I tried to format my other HD with nothing on it, it couldn't find the HD during the setup of XP. So I just plugged in my other HD with stuff on it already. With this HD, I just wanted to start out a clean slate. For some reason it just won't boot from CD. It just open XP right off the back and with all of my old computer settings. I found it kinda odd for it to do something like that. The other funny thing is that it won't give me a prompt to 'boot from disc'. Unless I gotta be quick. I'm going to check my bios about the booting sequence. I figure that if it boot from CD in my HD that has nothing on it, it will do it on the one that has stuff in there automatic (with a prompt of course). That's how my old computer worked.

Oh yeah, just to let you know that I have a neato MSI micro board. At least it worked for me, that's all I'm happy with. :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130526

Hooray, my computer is fully functional. It was the boot system. My thing was set on my A: drive for first boot. But I was able to get everything back to the way it was. I bow down to my great help 'Dgorner' for following through this whole process with me even at the very end, it was so simple. This is what I get for not having anyone that I know how to fix computers locally. The only person I know that could help me has been shipped off to Virgina by the Navy for another year or so to do computers. I also never had this much trouble with it.

I think the final trouble is that I need to disable my onboard video card. My Bios is typically like everyone elses. I never touch my bios on my old computers because I never had too. So I'm totally uneducated in this subject. After that I think I'm good. Again I appreciate the help Dgorner, I wish that I can send a fruit basket or something just for following up on my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom