Don't Want No Dual Boot Os No More - Make it go away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Fdisked and Formated a hard drive to Windows 2000 on it. I must of done some thing wrong on the way as it givng me the choice to boot up from Windows 2000 or Windows Xp Pro on boot up.

Computer is currently running Win 2k, no other OS present on PC.

I would like to remove this boot up message with out having to format C starting again.

How do I go about this???

you must clear the MBR (Master Boot record) or you can simple edit the boot.ini.. Im not that familiar with win 2000. you better just chk the microsoft site or go chk google.

F1's right either ways ..... one u can simply go to the command prompt n' type .. Fdisk /mbr ... but this will work ..if the other OS was linux or somethin'

In ur case ..all u need to do is to edit the boot.ini... remove the second line .. n' u won't get the multi boot option anymore

I do not have Win2K at work, but I do have XP and I think it is almost the same with Win2K. If you do not want to edit or do not know how to edit anything, do the following:

1. Go to System Properties. I think it is in Control Panel>System. 2. Click on the Advanced tab.
3. On that page should be a "Startup and Recovery" section, click on the Settings button.
4. Under Default Operating System, choose the operating system that you want to boot up in.
5. Under "Time to display list of operating systems", change the value to 0 (Zero) seconds. This will boot your PC without giving you the option of a dual boot. If you want the dual boot again, you can just come back here and change the value again.

There is also a file that you can Edit, which you can delete the XP line, but I rather do the above steps bc it is easier. Hope this helps.

godai .. just for ur info .... u cannot reduce the time to 0 secs...the minimum time for boot menu selection is 2 secs

o, really? I do not have Win2K on my work PC, so I could be wrong. Did they change it? I use to use Win2K and I am pretty sure you can change the time to 0. I just set my time on my WinXP to 0 and it unchecked the box to "Time to display list of operating system". Maybe Silesia can try it and let us know if it can go to 0 or not. Or maybe someone else can verify for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom