msn messenger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

northerner

Baseband Member
Hello ! need some help with messenger? when i'm online using my computer, somebody from my contacts list will send me a message? I don't even have messenger on? I have it so it doesn't start up when i turn the computer on! they say that it shows on theres that i'm on ! i want to keep the messenger cause my son and i both use it, but don't want it on all the time!
If anybody could help me with this its got me puzzled?? i'm using XP Pro !!

I think you are right about something else turning it on ! there is no icon in my task bar but i do see it in my task manager ! i think it is anyway? msmsgs.exe?? could that be it ? if its in my processes but not on my task bar could i still be on?? and thanks in advance for the help !!

if its in your list of running processes then yes, it is on. so end the process and it should disappear for you.

to make sure its gone in all startup procedures, navigate the registry to the following key .. Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run & Runservices keys ... look for the offending app and delete to your hearts content :)

I checked where you said Sunsider and i can't seem to find any offending apps, not that i could see anyway ?? Thanks again for the help !!

northerner... it's not Msn messenger that's signing u in ..it's the Windows messenger ...

Just start windows messenger from the start menu ..n' disable it's automatic startup ...
Alternatively u can disable it from the registry itself .

To permantly uninstall it try XpAntispy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom