venice vs sandiego

Status
Not open for further replies.

buyxgmistake

In Runtime
Long story short picked up a HP a1230n dirt cheap ($331. A/R)and it is supposed to have a 3700+ 2.2GHz 1mb L2 cpu and when I ran cpuz it says it has a 3800+ 2.4GHz 512 L2 So I havent called HP on there mistake but did look on newegg and noticed the 3800+ was about 50 bucks more, Is the L2 more important then the clock speed in this case? What would you rather have?

the difference will be minimal, only noticable in benchmarks. I would rather the san 2.2 sandiego because it would overclock to the same place as the venice but still has the 1mb chace, however i dont think youll be able to do much overclocking on a HP so doesnt really matter which you have

technically, the 3800+ is the faster proc...hence its p-rating. i would complain as much as you can and try to get some rebates or free stuff out of it...but the bottom line is the processors are going to perform about the same anyways

Go for the San Diego. The 1MB L2 Cache will make ur rig cooler and more stable. U wont even notice the difference in 100 Mhz. Both cores are nice by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom