AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting to see what people will say when intel release conroe and drop pricing on core duo because core duo actually beats amd clock for clock so if conroe does the same (not sayin it will but i reckon it will be close) then it should even things out.

yeah x2's run cool. an x2 to my knowledge would be more appropriate than an athlon xp. even with my processor overclocked, with stock cooling, during the australian summer, running prime 95 on each core for 24 hours my processor peaks at 47 degrees c. it will idle below 30

Except that the X2 costs 5 times more, which is very unsuitable unless you are rich.

yeah, however dual core would be nice for recording video on one core and doing other stuff on another core. If i were going for dual core with a HTPC a Pentium D 820 @ $300 AUD is a very attractive option. I know the X2's are better performers but a Pentium D for a HTPC just so you can multitask well is certainly very attractive.

AMD processors again have a minus point......as they do not get hung up or close down even if the temp in the CPU rises too much.....in case of INTEL Pentium processors......overclocking is detected , and then the PC is shut off immediately without any consent!

yes, thats the thing my intel fanboy admin goes on about all the time and it is true that Intel has better protection against heat however with newer AMD processors the motherboard has protection against thermal fault in most cases. Im unsure if AMD now has on CPU protection, but i defenantly know Motherboards do because my last Athlon XP mobo had an option for shutting off the machine at a certain temp and alarming as well.

Haha yeah, you would need special protection against overheating with the prescott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom