major setup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackdogsong

Beta member
I entered the setup configuration when my computer started up and enabled the overheat protection option. Now, whenever my computer starts, it shuts down before I can get to the setup again. Please help!

Okay, I tried resetting the jumper, but it still doesn't seem to get it to the point. Either I'm hitting the wrong switch or it's just fried... Are there any other ways?

Well, you need to be sure youre doing it with the proper jumpers. Consult the motherboard manual to be sure. And you need to keep it on there for a good 5-7 seconds for it to take.

If youre doing it properly EVERYTHING in the bios will be reset so that will fix it.

Okay, I tried the technique where you take the battery out and it got me to the screen that said my system specs, but it also said a CMOS error. Then I put the battery back in and it repeated the old process where it shuts down almost right away.

what mobo do you have?.....are you also moving the proper jumper to reset it?.....then moving it back after a cpl of seconds b4 putting the battery back in?

If you do they battery reset way, then do it right. Take the battery out and let it sit for 30 minutes. After doing so, pop it right back in and your settings should reset. This way always works for me, since the jumper setting, for some reason, won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom