Windows media player 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knipper

Baseband Member
I having trouble viewing media clips sent to me my email. Everytime I go to view them the screen on windows media player is blank. I went to the tools menu and selected all the different types of files this did allow me to view DVD's, but I still can't view media files sent to me through email. Could some one pleasse help me?

I tried that already and it was the same problem, that's when I went back to Media player 9. I am also having problems with my screen saver not activating. I was wondering if the problems could be related. My computer is Gateway laptop with a Radon 320m video card. I have checked and double checked all my settings and nothing seems to work. I am beginning to think that there is a problem with my video card. Although my display picture is fine and I can view DVD and other media. It seems to be certain files sent to me by email that I can not watch on the media player. I have even checked for updates for the video card, but I can't find any that will work.

The files that it will not play is wmv and mpeg files. I already went to the tool opition and selected play all file types. Still nothing works. This all started after I reformat the computer. I feel that I missing a driver I just don't which one. Could the problem be in my video card.

I am halfway there my screen saver now works. I went to the free codecÂ’s web site and download and installed Windows Xp codecs, but still no luck when viewing wmw files or any other files. Is there away to install the codecs to Media player 10? Or does it Media player 10 recognizes the codecs right away? Thanks for all your help.

I know it should, but it does not regonize the files at all. The only thing I hear is the sound. Is there anything else I can check beside Codecs? Could there be a problem with the video card? I would really like for my Media player to work. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom