Dad's an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're dad isn't an idiot. What he's actually trying to tell you is, "Son, im not going to buy you a $1200 computer. So i'm going to cook up a story so it doesn't seem so obvious."

P.P. Mguire said:
Because you guys' speculations of the engine are to HIGH. The **** thing runs on a 6800ultra for cryin out loud. You guys try to make it sound like its gods gift to the computer industry.

6800 Ultra for decent gameplay at 1024x768, which "decent gameplay" usually means medium settings. I say the 7800GS/GT/GTX will do 1024x768 alright with high textures, medium shadows, lighting, but no soft shadows, HDR, and AA at 1024x768. 1280x1024 is going to be a different story though. My friend says I will have to play rock bottom settings in order to crank the resolution that high. I guess we'll see.

I agree, your friend is making it out to be more than it actualy is. They wouldnt create the game on a 6800ultra then make it so bad that the GTX lags on high. Theres just no way in ****. Use a little comon sense here. Its like saying they are making Oblivian on the P1 but yet a AM2 wouldnt run the game on high settings. Just isnt gonna happen.

We're mad because of this BS thats being spread across this forum. I hope most of us have enough brains to know better than this.

Haha 2gigs ram the std.

Man I can get this crappy comp to run Guild wars w/ 3-4 year old SiS integrated GFX w/ only 256mb ram... provided it runs 8x6 w/ just about everything on low... but really tell me something won't work just because I don't have 2 gigs of ram.

That said I'm buying 2gb of ram for my new comp :)

P.P. Mguire said:
I agree, your friend is making it out to be more than it actualy is. They wouldnt create the game on a 6800ultra then make it so bad that the GTX lags on high. Theres just no way in ****. Use a little comon sense here. Its like saying they are making Oblivian on the P1 but yet a AM2 wouldnt run the game on high settings. Just isnt gonna happen.
You have to remember, that most of the players that targeted to buy UT2007 will buy it for the PS3. Yes you can run it on a 7800GT. No questions about it. But look at FEAR for example. Try running it at 1280x1024 with 2xAA, 4xAF and soft shadows on and get back to us on how it runs -- if it even runs at all. UT2007 will be even more intensive than FEAR, so it is only logical to assume that it will also run slower than FEAR with the eye candy enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom